My favorite things about Warwick Castle:
1: The wax figures and their "voices," which were hilarious recordings. In one of the room, there was a bed with the curtains drawn and there was a recording of giggling and smooching. I tried to pull the curtains back, but was disappointed when I discovered that the curtains were were glued to the bedposts (I suspect the bed was empty). I heard some kid asking her mom if she could try pulling back the curtain, but she was denied. I'm glad I'm an adult and could do that without getting permission first. My favorite wax figures were Winston Churchill and this guy smoking a cigarette.
2. The trebuchet. There was a giant trebuchet demonstration. It only flung some sort of weight, though. My comrades and I decided we would ask them to bash something in or set something on fire with it next time.
3. The Peacock Garden. There were peacocks just strutting around with all of the ducks.
4. How beautiful it was.
After touring the castle, me and a few other students went into the actual town. A few of us had a bite to eat, and then we wandered into a flea market. One of the girls - Jessye - and I went into a few charity shops and I bought a skirt and a record.
All in all, an enjoyable first group excursion.
I love the last picture!! It really looks magical!!
ReplyDelete